Kick Start Package
Find out about basic SQL performance training for your business and save the time and money when solving database performance problems in the future! The SQL Performance Kick Start Package ensures that your developers are making the most of database resources.
Our Kick Start Package combines three different formats for optimal knowledge transfer:
Kick Start Session
In just one day onsite, our Mr. Winand shares his knowledge with your development team (of about 10 developers) about the powerful possibilities modern SQL databases offer.
The participants can clarify any questions with Markus for up to one month after the Kick Start session. Each participant is provided with a voucher for one hour of Instant Coaching.
SQL Tuning Book
Every participant receives a copy of “SQL Performance Explained” to use as a reference and to enhance understanding of the material covered during the in-person session.
Our aim is not database or hardware parametrization; instead we seek to optimize the data access that is carried out by the applications. We do not handle any database administration tasks, and address only developers with SQL experience.Request your personalized offer now »
The contents in detail
After this training you'll…
- …know how database indexes really work.
- …understand the causes of slow index lookups and prevent them.
- …know why database indexing is a development task.
- …love execution plans.
- …exploit multi-column indexes to their full extend.
- …apply SQL functions correctly.
- …understand the importance and effects of bind parameters.
- …recognize common anti-patterns and use the more efficient alternatives.
- …know about the impact of growing load on the response time.
- …understand that an index on the join predicates is not always the right choice.
- …understand the performance impact of ORM tools and know what to do about it.
- …use indexes to optimize
- …implement efficient pagination queries in SQL.
- …don't get confused by those countless SQL performance myths.
- …get the best out of the hardware.
- …write faster SQL.
“SQL Performance Tuning by @MarkusWinand was an eye-opener!”
“Everyone rated it above expectation and it got 4.63 out of 5. I can highly recommend you to invite Markus to your company as well.”
“Developers who are not full time SQL programmers but nevertheless think to understand databases are convinced to the contrary in a very understandable way!”