Kick Start Package
Find out about basic SQL performance training for your business and save the time and money when solving database performance problems in the future! The SQL Performance Kick Start Package ensures that your developers are making the most of database resources.
Our Kick Start Package combines three different formats for optimal knowledge transfer:
Kick Start Session
In just one or two days on-site, Markus Winand shares his knowledge with your development team (of about 10 developers), covering the powerful possibilities modern SQL databases offer.
The participants can clear up any questions they have with Markus for up to one month after the Kick Start session. Each participant is provided with a voucher for one hour of Instant Coaching.
SQL Tuning Book
Every participant receives a copy of “SQL Performance Explained” to use as a reference and to enhance understanding of the material covered during the in-person session.
Our training is not about database configuration—instead we seek to optimize the data access that is carried out by the application. The participants must have SQL experience.
The Contents in Detail
After this training…
- You will know how database indexes really work.
- You will understand the causes of slow index lookups and prevent them.
- You will know why database indexing is a development task.
- You will love execution plans.
- You will exploit multi-column indexes to their full extend.
- You will apply SQL functions correctly.
- You will understand the importance and effects of bind parameters.
- You will recognize common anti-patterns and use the more efficient alternatives.
- You will know about the impact of growing load on the response time.
- You will understand that an index on the join predicates is not always the right choice.
- You will understand the performance impact of ORM tools and know what to do about it.
- You will use indexes to optimize
- You will implement efficient pagination queries in SQL.
- You will not be confused by those countless SQL performance myths.
- You will get the best out of the hardware.
- You will write faster SQL.
Find out more now!
“ As many companies today, we are using a lot of data and the performance is critical for our applications. Thanks to the training of Markus Winand, our developers (even the most experienced) took their knowledge to the next level in term of database performance. Every single day, we benefit of what they learned during this training. Efficient, practical and very profitable on the long term."
“Everyone rated it above expectation and it got 4.63 out of 5. I can highly recommend you to invite Markus to your company as well.”
“SQL Performance Tuning by @MarkusWinand was an eye-opener!”
“Developers who are not full time SQL programmers but nevertheless think to understand databases are convinced to the contrary in a very understandable way!”